Email or call to discuss your vision – email@example.com or (503) 515-5673
During our career spanning 30 combined years, we have created monumental works for art for public spaces, universities, commercial developments and private collections in all 50 states as well as abroad.
Why commission a sculpture with the Caswells?
– We own and operate Firebird Bronze Foundry, oversee the entire process from creation to casting and have control over production and timelines
– Sculpture is cast with the highest quality art-grade bronze
– Work can be designed for specific surroundings
– We guarantee our availability during the entire project
What kind of work can you commission?
Anything! This is just a sampling of what we have created:
– Religious figures
– Military figures
– Portraits and busts
– Municipal projects
– University Mascots
– Sports figures
– Research of subject or theme
– Presentation to client of a detailed concept rendering, or illustration
– After approval of the concept rendering, sculpting begins
– Presentation to client of the sculpture in clay
– After approval of the sculpture, casting begins
– We are involved in all stages of foundry work
– Assistance with placement and installation of artwork as required
We guarantee that all our projects will be completed on time and within budget.
Things to consider when commissioning a sculpture:
Bronze is arguably the most celebrated art medium in history, and it endures through the ages. The oldest bronze sculpture dates all the way back to 2500 BCE, and was created using the Lost Wax method of casting, which we still use today.
Commissioning a sculpture in bronze is a wonderful option because it requires minimal maintenance, is extremely durable and is easily cleaned in the event of tagging or vandalism. Sculptures can be patinaed or painted, depending on the project, and are generally weather-resistant. When a sculpture is installed, it becomes permanently set, and the techniques we use for art installation prevents theft of any kind.
A sculpture is a beautiful addition to any venue, and immediately provides a gathering place that unifies public areas, encourages togetherness and builds community.
Please review our case studies of past projects below